Crab pots mysteriously vanish in Puget Sound – KING News


Crab post vanishing, but not necessarily the worse case scenario. Also, maybe reporting is up?

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2015/09/02/crab-pots-vanish-puget-sound/71616952/

Since last season, more than 1,000 crab and shrimp pots have been reported stolen or lost to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. “When it’s gone, they always think the worst,” said Ralph Downes, a fish and wildlife police officer for two decades. “Worst case scenario? I’m thinking 10 percent is the result of theft.” As for the other 90 percent, Downes and other wildlife officers think the culprit is the strong current of the sound. Dan Cassuto reports. (KING)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: